If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of travel planned for the year ahead. And if you’re planning on traveling by air, chances are you’ll need a new passport. But changing your name isn’t the only thing that needs to happen before you can head out on your trip.
Here are some other things you should know before applying for a new passport.
How To Get A Passport After A Name Change
If you have changed your name through marriage, divorce, or a court order, you need to apply for a new passport. The steps for getting a passport after a name change are as follows:
1. You will need to provide evidence of your name change, such as an official document from the government or an immigration office.
2. You will also need to provide proof of your identity, such as your birth certificate or driver’s license.
3. You will need to pay the required application fees.
4. You can submit your application online or by mail.
5. Your new passport should arrive within six weeks after you submit your application.
What To Do If You Need A Passport In A hurry
If you need a passport in a hurry, there are a few things to check first. Depending on where you are located, you may be able to pick up your new passport at your local post office or you may need to go through the Department of State. If you need it fast and cannot wait, the Department of State recommends applying for a passport online. You will need to provide some basic information such as your full name and date of birth, as well as pay the application fee.
How To Change Your Name On Your Passport
If you’ve changed your name legally, you can update your passport application and passport page by following these simple steps:
1. Check if you need a new passport. If your name has changed as a result of a court order or marriage, you will need to apply for a new passport. If you’re just changing your name on your own, not as a result of legal action, you do not need to apply for a new passport.
2. Fill out the online application form and mail it in. You’ll need to include proof of your name change, such as an affidavit or birth certificate. You can also submit documents with your online application if they are easier to access online.
3. Wait for the reactivation letter from the Department of State (DOS). This letter will tell you when to come in for your appointment at the Passport Agency. The letter will also contain instructions on what to bring with you to the appointment.
4. Go to the Passport Agency for your appointment and provide the reactivation letter and any accompanying documents. You’ll need to show proof of your identity, such as a driver’s license or passport photo ID card. You’ll also need to fill out an information sheet about yourself and pay the fees necessary for a new passport issuance ($60 for adult passports, $40 for children’s passports).
Cost Of A New Passport
If you have recently undergone a name change, you may need to apply for a new passport. The cost of obtaining a new passport can vary depending on your nationality and the type of passport you are applying for. Below is information on the different types of passports, the costs involved, and how to apply.
Passports can be obtained in three different types: national, international, and diplomatic.
National passports are issued to citizens of countries who are members of the United Nations or have an agreement with the nation granting them citizenship. They usually have a design that corresponds with the country’s flag and contain pages for both English and the native language of the holder.
International passports are issued to citizens of countries who are not members of either United Nations or an agreement with the nation granting them citizenship but who do travel frequently outside their home country. These passports always feature a design that is unique to each country and contain pages for English and at least one other language.
Diplomatic passports are rarer than either international or national passports and are only issued to diplomats from certain countries. They always feature a unique design and contain pages only in English.
All three types of passports require applicants to provide proof of identity such as a driver’s license or certificate of birth date. The application fee ranges from $60-120 depending on the type of passport being applied for. After providing all required documents, applicants will need to take an oath confirming they will honor
How to apply for a new passport
If you are applying for a new passport due to a name change, there are a few things you need to do. First, contact your local passport office and find out what documents you will need to provide in order to apply. These might include your old passport and ID, proof of your name change (such as a court order or birth certificate), and two recent photographs. You will also need to pay the required fee.
Once you have gathered all of the necessary information, you can begin the application process by filling out the passport application form provided by your local passport office. Be sure to include all of the requested information, including your current full name and new surname. You will also need to provide photocopies of any documents that prove your name change, as well as two recent photographs that show your updated appearance.
Once you have completed the application form and submitted it along with all of the required documentation, your passport will be processed and should arrive within six weeks.
Required documents for a new passport
If you are going to travel outside of the United States, you will need a new passport. To apply for a new passport, you will need the following:
-A completed passport application form
-Two 1″ x 1″ photos (not larger than 4″ x 6″)
-The official issued photo ID document of the applicant – either a driver’s license, state ID card, or passport photo
-Proof of citizenship or identity – such as a birth certificate, naturalization papers, or current passport
-If you are applying for a child under 14 years of age – their birth certificate
How long it will take to get your new passport
If you are applying for a new passport, the process will vary depending on your exact situation. However, in general it will take around four to six weeks to receive your new passport. If you are applying for a replacement passport, the processing time will be slightly longer, typically six to eight weeks.
Fees for a new passport
If you are applying for a new passport after a name change, you will need to provide proof of the name change, such as a court order or marriage certificate. You also have to pay the applicable fees. The fee for a new passport is $165. If you are applying for a child’s passport, the fee is $105.
What to do if your old passport is expired or lost
If you are considering a name change, make sure to keep your old passport in case you need it. If your old passport is expired or lost, you will need to apply for a new one. You can do this online or by visiting your local post office. It will cost $60 to apply for a new passport, but it is worth it if you need to travel outside of the United States.
What to do if you have a criminal record
If you have a criminal record, you may be ineligible to apply for a passport. If you are eligible, there are steps you can take to get your new passport. You will need to provide the necessary information to the Passport Agency and undergo a criminal background check. The Passport Agency may also require you to submit relevant documents such as court orders or transcripts.
After getting married, changing your name may be one of the first things on your to-do list. If you’ve already got a passport with your old name on it, there’s not much you need to do. However, if you’re new to this whole process or don’t have a passport yet, read on for some helpful tips. ###